Monday, April 4, 2011

flip-flop birthday

my niece is the girliest-girl ive ever encountered. seriously.
she just turned 3 yesterday, and already she notices EVERYTHING that entails shoes, clothes, nail polish, & jewelry. in fact, i used to wear this ring with a turquoise stone all the time....but stopped wearing it for a few months. the last time i was over she ran up to me, gave me a hug, then grabbed my hand and asks, "where is your blue ring?!" one of her requests for yesterday was, "i want aunt jordy to come....and i want her to wear her blue ring." so, of course, i did.

her girliness was so evident throughout the party. she asked my sister for a "flip-flop" cake. then, when presents came around, everyone got her the CUTEST dresses, swimsuits, bows...and flip-flops. by looking at her face when she unwrapped those pink summer shoes, you would think she was just told she was going to disneyworld. her other obsession: lipgloss. she got 4 tubes of it last night and she just kept putting it on, saying, "im going to change colors!", then wiping it off for the next kind. oh my word. i just love her.whenever my sister told me 3 years ago that she was adopting a little girl from ethiopia, i sobbed. adoption is something that is so close to my heart, and i could not wait to meet the newest member of our family. i cried even more when i was told that they were keeping her ethiopian name, but choosing my name as her middle name...not just because they liked it, but because they wanted to name her after me. from the moment she was in our arms, i knew kebor was meant to be with us. i cant explain the beautiful connection & abounding love that she & i share. happy birthday to my favorite little girl.



side note: favorite quote from last nights shin-dig...
"kebor, if you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?" --sister
"costco?" --kebor

1 comment:

Jillian said...

I love you, I miss you--I'm so glad that you are blogging! how great is that?! Love!