Tuesday, May 31, 2011

recap from the past month

i havent posted in ages; sometimes life just gets full...
....full of trips & photoshoots & work & coffee dates & cookouts & school.
here are a few things that have been filling my time lately:

i took a 9 day trip to colorado!! most of you know this is the state that has most definitely captured my heart. the mountains, the crisp air, my family & friends, the church that i cherish so dearly...all play a role in my love for that area. here are a few photos from my recent adventures there...

this is josiah, my 4-year old cousin. while out there, i heard the BEST comeback ever....anytime you would scold him or get upset with him, he would scowl and say "but i just a guy!!!!" i think this mindset starts young & continues throughout the rest of every males life...
 this is my favorite aunt [also my only aunt....but she'd still be my favorite even if i had others...] we really are best friends.
 this was taken in utah!!! we made the 3 hour trek to moab and it was SO worth it. id never been before; it left me in awe of its beauty & culture.
 and THIS was at the ritz carlton where my uncle is the general manager. he spoils us...

when i got home, i immediately did an engagement shoot for my dear friend megan. she and i were accountability partners in undergrad, so she has seen the best & worst of me. so happy for this love that she has found...




also...before i left for colorado actually...i did a fun photo shoot for my friends gabby & sarah. they both graduated college and wanted to do a senior picture-type session. here are a few of the shots:




then this past weekend, i photographed a wedding in my hometown. the colors were gorgeous, the bride was beautiful, and the ceremony/toasts revolved around a god-centered marriage. my heart was so happy. a few shots from that....



also while i was home, i reveled in the fact that i was home. other places have felt and still do feel like home to me, but theres something about my small town...this corner of the world where the sun falls perfectly behind wheat fields and the smell of honeysuckle saturates the air. its some sort of perfection. here is just a simple shot that i took with my phone while sitting on my parents deck:


life gets hectic & stressful & sometimes just plain hard to handle. challenges arise; your mind gets confused; you come to a point where you just wish someone could make the tough decision for you. youre afraid of making the wrong choice or just not making a choice at all. everyone throws their opinions toward you, some by request and others that are unwanted, leaving you even more unsure than when you began. ive been at that point. im a bit at that point now. but one thing i know and will continually preach to myself: god is sovereign even when i am lost. prayer to fall more deeply in love with christ will allows lead you back home. and so i pray...

No comments: